Applying for and receiving Citizenship through the Naturalization process, is often seen as the culmination of an immigrant’s journey to the United States.
One may apply for Naturalization if they meet the following requirements for application:
Basic requirements for naturalization:
- The Applicant must be 18 years of age or older,
- The Applicant must already be a Lawful Permanent Resident (also known as a Green Card holder),
- The Applicant must have five (5) years of continuous residence in the United States, although for Applicants who are married to U.S. citizens, their threshold is lower and they must have at least three (3) years of Continuous Residence in the United States,
- The Applicant must have five (5) years, or more, of physical presence in the United States,
- The Applicant must have good moral character,
- The Applicant must pass exams on English and U.S. Government History,
- The Applicant must take a loyalty oath and be attached to the U.S. Constitution.
If you believe that you meet the requirements for Naturalization and are interested in applying for Citizenship in the United States, please feel free to contact us and schedule a consultation so that we may discuss your options with you.